March 8, 2011

Allerleirah's Review Policy

Heh, really took that vacation time and ran with it, didn't I? Looks like I didn't miss much while I was gone, though. :)


It's happened a few times now where I've been contacted by websites, companies or people who would like me to try and review a product. This is great, I'm up for trying something new! But I feel like I should put this out there, so if you're wanting Al to post a product review, here are some things you might want to know:

  • I only review products related to hair removal. This usually includes shaving mediums, certain moisturizers, make-up, razors, depilatory creams, etc.
  • I am always grateful to and excited about receiving free samples. However, this will not factor into my review. It is important for my reviews to be honest in order for readers to benefit from them. I imagine some of my readers to be like I was--lost and looking for something to make hirsutism easier to live with. With virtually no over-the-counter products designed specifically for us, it is not easy to know where to begin. That is the reason I provide product reviews on my blog.
  • This is a blog about and geared towards girls and women with hirsutism. I may be using your product in a way for which it is not designed--namely, to remove facial hair. This may negatively affect the review, but I always mention the way I am using the product if it is relevant.
  • I don't simply use a product once and then review it, unless the outcome is so unpleasant I refuse to use it again. For most products, I use them up completely so I can evaluate long term use. It may be months before you see a review of your product on the site. If possible, I will contact you once the review has been posted.
So with that fine print stuff out of the way, next week is back to our regular programming. With the surprising move of my family doctor, it ought to make the topic I want to blog about next a little more interesting!

No comments: