June 5, 2012

Blog Submissions Update

This week I'm just mentioning a little change on the site, moving the Call for Submissions to a less prominent place.  I'm still open to submissions, don't get me wrong!  But I've been thinking about this since my 200th post, contemplating milestones and such.  And I remembered a certain poll I had up to gather all your opinions on what you'd like to see here.

Now, for all the initial enthusiasm about allowing guest bloggers, I sure haven't had that many submissions.  ;)  That's all right, really; I completely understand that feeling of being fired up to write something, only to be hopelessly paralyzed by writer's block, the absolute freedom to write about anything, plain old fear, or involvement in life's everyday goings on.  I fall prey to that a lot, believe it or not!  And I expect to fall prey to it a lot more during the month of June, just with the sheer amount I have going on again. 

So while I will keep on accepting submissions, I think the surge of excitement for that addition has long passed, am I right?

Besides, if you want to read about real women living with hirsutism right now, the Pink Razor Project blog is doing a much better job than I ever could.  They have a written interview form to fill out, making it easy for us to share their thoughts and experiences within a well-developed frame.

So. If you haven't yet, go have a read (stow an industrial size box of Kleenex at your elbow, I warn you!) and maybe submit to the blog yourself!  I want to read about you all, too!  There is so much wonderful material to consume, in case I should miss the next few weeks of updates...  (I say this as I glance nervously at my day planner).

Link to the "written interviews" category:  http://pinkrazorproject.com/category/written-interviews/


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in the not-commenting phase again - life is happening quite a bit recently...

Have you ever posted what Marlies sent you? I don't remember seeing it but maybe I missed it?

And you are so right about getting the tissues ready for the interview. I started last month and am not even half way... s.

Carly said...

Thank you so much for the shout-out :-)

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog, and I'm really happy to know that I'm not the only person in the world who has to deal with hirsutism! Thank you for making this blog!

I have hair growing ALL OVER my body, and I get extremely self-conscious about it. It doesn't help that I also suffer from hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating) all over... My parents don't think there is anything wrong with me, but I know something's not right with my health, since I have other "symptoms" that could be related to PCOS, hypothyroidism, etc. I just wish I could convince them to take me to a doctor.

By the way, have you ever tried drinking spearmint tea to help with the hirsutism? I heard that it has helped some women in slowing down the hair growth because it has properties that block androgens.

Allerleirah said...

Soph - Life happening can be good! I'm pretty sure I haven't receieved anything from Marlies, but I'll re-check my emails just in case.


Carly - You are always welcome!


Anonymous - That must be very frustrating. Do you ever go for yearly check-ups where you might mention it to a doctor?

The last I heard about spearmint tea was that it has only been tested on men, and the study concluded that theoretically it might be able to help women regulate their testosterone. Either way, though, it would take a lot of spearmint tea to make a noticeable difference in hormone levels. I enjoy the odd cup of it, but I could never stand drinking it all day every day... blech.